Sunday, April 09, 2006

It Tolls for Me

Well I finished with Lionhead on Friday, a little earlier than most of my team-mates on account of having made plans to fly home for Easter long before the consultation process started. But essentially all of us are on our way. In many ways, this has been a turbulent month. But on the up side, it has been the best kind of letting go that I've heard of in the industry.

Having been on the receiving end of a company decision a couple of times (almost everyone in the industry has), I'm well positioned to compare and contrast, and in this case the comparison is favorable. Aside from the standard range of emotions going up and down, from anger and resentment to acceptance and sadness, my overall feeling is that it offers me the chance for something new, so now at the end I feel a mild sense of relief and acceptance. I've started making plans.

Those plans involve taking a big risk, going out on a limb and starting up something of my own. Like everybody in this industry, I have those ideas for games that I secretly harbour. I have a project in mind, I hope to be telling all you about very soon, as I think it's going to be something special.

Particleblog's comments have moved to The Play Room.